How to Setup Outlook 2013 to Check Your Email
In this tutorial we will show you how to setup MS Outlook 2013 to check your email. Outlook 2013 is an email client that can send and receive e-mail from your personal computer.
- When you first open Outlook, it will provide a “Welcome to Outlook 2013” message, click the Next button.
- The next screen will ask “Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?” choose Yes and click the Next button.
- On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
- On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button.
- You will then see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“.
Check “Use same settings as my incoming mail server“.
- Click the Advanced tab.Enter your settings, below is a description of the available options.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button, Outlook will test the the account settings.
- You will see two tasks: Log onto incoming mail server, and, Send test e-mail message. When they are complete, Close button.
- You will see a message stating “You’re all set!” click the Finish button.