In this tutorial we will show you how to setup MS Outlook 2013 to check your email. Outlook 2013 is an email client that can send and receive e-mail from your personal computer.
- When you first open Outlook, it will provide a “Welcome to Outlook 2013” message, click the Next button.
- The next screen will ask “Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?” choose Yes and click the Next button.
- On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next.
- On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button.
- You will then see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication“.
Check “Use same settings as my incoming mail server“.
- Click the Advanced tab.Enter your settings, below is a description of the available options.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button, Outlook will test the the account settings.
- You will see two tasks: Log onto incoming mail server, and, Send test e-mail message. When they are complete, Close button.
- You will see a message stating “You’re all set!” click the Finish button.